I just came back from a week-long family vacay in Mexico and thought I’d share some of my inflight beauty must-haves that I like to bring with me on trips. I’m pretty good now at editing my makeup bag to only essentials and keep products on-hand that work well, do double duty and can freshen me up in a flash.
Here are my inflight beauty picks:
1. A Hydrating Mist — I always like to carry a face mist when flying, even if it’s just for an hour or so. I do a spritz right before take off and once before I get off the plane, even though it embarrasses my husband terribly when I start spritzing away. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Miracle Hydrating Mist contains vitamins and superfruits such as acai, mangosteen and coffee, and works to freshen up skin in all types of weather.
2. Lip Balm — Can’t leave home without a good moisturizing lip balm. I like to throw a few NIVEA Moisture Lip Care sticks in my bag, which area loaded with shea butter and protect lips from dry air and the elements with no icky aftertaste.
3. Eye cream— My eyes always get tired on flights and a refreshing eye cream is a must. Acure Tightening Eye Contour Gel is moisturizing, containing seaweed, hibiscus, aloe and witch hazel to hydrate tired eyes. Apply a good amount to under eyes and let it sink in for a few minutes before applying concealer.
4. Bronzer & Highlighter — Wander Beauty makes beautiful portable products that I’ve become obsessed with. I traveled to a few warm weather destinations with the On-the-Glow Bronzer & Illuminator and it gives a healthy natural glow in a pinch plus definition where you need it.
5. Lip & Cheek Color — A little bit of color on my cheeks and lips always makes me look awake and fresh faced. Tata Harper’s Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint all-natural moisturizing formula is great for adding a subtle pop of color to lips and cheeks and comes in a range of colors.
6. Concealer — I like to apply CoverGirl TruBlend FixStick Concealer to under my eyes, around my nose and to any redness before I get off the flight. This stick formula gives nice coverage and is blendable without looking heavy or cakey. Plus, it makes touch ups so easy.
7. Deodorant Wipes — Currently obsessed with EO Organic deodorant wipes, which are infused with essential oils, so they smell great, work well and don’t take up much space while on the road.
8. Portable Razor — Shaving on the go can be no fun, but this three-in-one portable razor by Sphynx comes equipped with two blades, a water spritzer and solid shaving cream so you can be hair free wherever you may be.
What are your favorite inflight beauty essentials? Please leave in comments.