While holiday shopping for others the past few weeks, I got sidetracked with some new items that I could use in the New Year. As my closet is filled with skinny jeans — they are so easy paired with an oversize sweater or blouse —I’m kind of tired of them. I’m loving raw hem denim that fits straighter and a bit looser with distressing or some type of patch work. I know its holiday time, and it’s the time to give others and give back, but I’m thinking ahead a bit and have a feeling we’re all going to be filling our closet with at least one pair of these new edgy denim styles come the New Year. Here are my favorite’s below:
1. These are the pair that I am wearing in the main photo — comfortable for day, but can be dressed up at night with pretty heels and a silk top.
2. Love these step-hem jeans in a vintage blue hue.
3. The raw hem and patchwork detail on the knees on this slim boyfriend jean is trendy, but totally wearable.
4. A Relaxed fit with a more elaborate fringe hem for those that like to make a statement.
5. Obsessed with this light wash high-res boyfriend denim. Perfect year round with a pair of booties in the winter and open-toe sandals in the summer.
6. Light, casual, but totally chic, and most likely the pair you’ll never take off and wear with everything.
7. Wider in the legs and high-waisted, this raw cut and asymmetrical denim will carry you through year round.
8. A looser fit and two-tone color is cute for winter getaways and when the weather warms up.
Main image taken by Cynthia Ragona with Sea Green Photography.