It finally feels like spring here on the east coast, which has put me in a much better mood after all that wet and cold weather we’ve had in the past week. For spring, I needed to replenish some beauty essentials and purchase some go-tos for when the weather warms up. I stocked up at the drugstore on some products that I’ve totally fallen for and splurged on a hair product that was recommended by a stylist to achieve that tousled second-day hair look. Here’s what I bought for spring:
- R+Co Badlands Dry Shampoo Paste — You only need a small amount of this hybrid paste that works great on second-day hair. It adds volume and nixes oil, but I like how it helps style hair when you want it a little tousled and textured, but also with some volume. It works well on longer hair lengths, and I bet would work wonders on shorter hairstyles, to give hair a undone styled look without being heavy. Plus, the tub has been great to travel with as it won’t spill or spray in flight.
- Anjou Coconut Oil — I finally hopped on the coconut oil craze and now I see why so many people love it. I found this organic oil on Amazon and it’s a nice size tub for a great price. I apply this at night to my cuticles, hands and any dry spots on my body. It has kept my hands really hydrated and my cuticles in tip-top shape, while not being irritating or greasy. My boys even like it when I put it on their dry patches—they like how it’s not heavy like a body cream. Added points for smelling like a vacation in a bottle.
- Aveeno Positively Nourishing Purifying Body Wash — This drugstore body wash smells amazing and it’s thick and luxurious, and leaves my skin soft and clean. It’s spiked with seaweed and oatmeal to hydrate and works well for those with sensitive skin.
- La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water — I’m a big fan of face mists and have tried numerous brands, both high and low, and this one contains a mineral-rich formula to soothe skin and help with inflammation. I like to apply it after cleansing when my skin feels dry, to help set my makeup, and throughout the day to give my skin an extra moisture boost. It’s also great post-workout to help with redness and cool skin.
- Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Sweet Watermelon — I was looking for a hydrating balm/lipstick hybrid that was easy to apply and a pink color that I could wear during the day. The moisturizing formula of mango and shea butter keeps my lips from drying out and it leaves a nice soft pink sheen that is not too old lady baby pink. I definitely will be stocking up on these sticks in other colors.