Currently, we are all sharing one bathroom while the master bath gets work done. I leave products in the bathroom that we all can use such as a natural, high-quality shampoo and conditioner, moisturizing, non-comedogenic lotion and a soothing, fresh-smelling body wash. Now that my boys are getting older, they like to try new bath and hair products that don’t have a strong smell or heavy feel. Here’s some of the stuff we are currently sharing and loving:
1. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream — A few years ago, a dermatologist told me to apply this rich non-irritating moisturizing cream filled with ceramides and hyaluronic acid on my boys face and body when their skin was dry. It is our go-to moisturizer and I love to use it on my body and sometimes even on my face. It’s great for the price and never is sticky or leaves a yucky film.
2. Kérastase baume double je styling balm — I like to apply this hybrid paste and balm to my ends for some texture and use this on my boys hair when they want a little more grown-up style, but without any stiffness or greasiness. It smells great and lasts forever!
3. Bonpoint Créme Moussante — This creamy body and hair wash smells incredible—it’s infused with orange blossom, cherry blossom and cotton flower—and leaves your body and hair soft and smooth. While I’m a big fan of the entire hypoallergenic skin care line, this is particularly our favorite and we love the way it makes our skin feel after a shower.
4. ILES Formula Shampoo and Conditioner — Part of a three-step system created by celebrity stylist, Wendy Iles, this shampoo and conditioner works to detangle, repair, hydrate and give amazing shine and texture without weighing hair down. The products are chock full of nourishing ingredients such as silk proteins from Japan and nut oils from the Amazon and all paraben, silicone and sulfate free. My boys are big fans of the shampoo, which leaves hair smooth and soft, and I like to use both the shampoo and conditioner on my color-treated hair. My hair feels hydrated and my color always looks vibrant.
5. Arnicare Cream by Boiron — I use this on my neck and shoulders when I feel sore and stiff (which is quite often) and I rub it on my older son’s bruises after he plays sports to speed up the healing process. It is supposed to work naturally with your body to help with swelling and soreness. I can’t tell if it actually works or not, but we both feel good after we apply this homepathic cream.
6. Aquaphor Healing Ointment — Most households have a tube of Aquaphor lying around. I use this on my lips and hands when they need an extra moisture boost and on my boys chapped skin.