This is my last summer in New York City before I move to New England in mid-August. I’m going to miss this place like crazy, but I’m excited to have a new home with lots of space and a backyard for my boys. Since I’m leaving soon, I need to plan fun things to do while I’m here, spend quality time with family and friends, head out to the beaches out in eastern Long Island and be a tourist in my hometown. Here’s on my summer to-do list:
1. Sip wine and dine on oysters at this cool spot on the Hudson.
2. I’m preparing for day trips outside the city and this mosquito repellent will be in my bag all summer long.
3. Play tourist and spend as much time out on the water while sightseeing some of the city’s best landmarks.
4. Make a spa day at Spa Nalai, which has beautiful views of Central Park and midtown.
5. Head to this place for delicious homemade ice cream with my boys.
6. I remember visiting the top of the Twin Towers when I was younger and know I’ll be blown away visiting One World Observatory.
7. Plan a tasty picnic overlooking the Hudson River.
8. A good Jewish deli is hard to come by in New England, so an authentic pastrami fix is a must before I go.
9. Rent an airbnb and head to the North Fork for some great food, local wine and time by the sea.